Sunday, August 16, 2009

For the Love of Rain

Will the tropical storm headed for Pensacola come this way? We all wait to find out. I hope so. My rain barrels need water. I am down to the last two inches. This morning I used what I could to water the tomato plants. I also restrung them so that the new branches could be elevated and get the sun better. I have many wonderful green full tomatoes and one is beginning to ripen.

The August weather has been hot so far, but also there's been an occasional muggy and hot day. What's the difference? Well, on muggy days, the air is so close you can hardly breathe and it is usually cloudy. It is on these days that I have to watch all the plants because they need water desperately.

We went to the High Museum today and viewed the Monet Water Lillies. What an honor! So many museums to choose from.

I have the crepe myrtles to enjoy still and I must say they have not yet waned. In fact, unlike azaleas, they are more beautiful than ever. One thing that amazes me each day is the variety in color and shape. I will try to get more pictures on this blog. You must share my joy with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment