Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Green, Green Grass of Home

Tom Jones knew what he sang about. The greenness of the area is in stark contrast to the burnt brownness of Florida. The weather is definately a plus for Douglasville. Coming from Florida, I had quite a task in acclimation. At first, the cold really got to me. But soon it warmed up, and one day I noticed I wasn't freezing any more. In Florida, I would prepare for the heat. But here I soon grew accustomed to cool mornings and very pleasant 72 degree afternoons. Oh yes, there are occasional spurts of deep, summertime heat, but not like in Florida where the sun could burn your skin just walking to the car every day.

Today the temp has not been above 79 degrees. This morning the cool air made it possible to open the doors and windows and enjoy the outside inside. We could hear the birds chirping and smell good old Georgia fresh air. Now I have to admit, yesterday during the thunderstorm or even before it, the weather was muggy, but this morning a cool 69 degrees.

If you are like me and you've lived in the heat, a place like Douglasville is a true treat of atmospheric enjoyment. Tomorrow I will tell you about the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment