Friday, July 24, 2009

Interstate 285 Bypass

I don't know why they call it a "bypass" because actually it loops through several communities. It doesn't bypass much. For the past four days, I have had occasion to travel on Georgia's Bypass 285. At approximately 6:30, I launch onto this remarkable highway from I-20 and travel to exit 31B. And at 4:30, I make the reverse trip. The highway itself makes a loop around the Atlanta area. It is remarkable how it actually circles Atlanta. No wonder so many people travel this circle. It actually does take you to major areas in and around Atlanta.

Yes, there is a down side. Traffic is heavy at 9 and 5 and Friday. But if you're new to Atlanta, there's very little you can't find by traveling this remarkable highway. Yes, there are traffic jams. But I moved from Douglasville to Duluth quite easily and I would not hesitate to do it again. There is just one thing you should know: While the speed limit is 55 MPH, most people travel 70 MPH. Not me. I kept a steady 60 to 65 miles per hour.

The circle is designed to drop you off at most of the major Atlanta locations like Turner Field, Marietta, Duluth, 75/85 Interstate Highways.

I spent some time in Duluth for four days. Exit 31B heads down Peachtree Industrial Boulevard and into Duluth. Most of this road is populated by corporate offices and residential areas. It is an hour from Douglasville. Do you like to communite? Douglasville is a wonderful area to live in and Duluth offers many job opportunities. It would have to be a personal decision. If you can accept that there will be days of heavy traffic, and days of light traffic, this is the route for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment