Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Rainy Night in Georgia

Last night was a rainy night in Georgia. Yes, really. The rains are here, and although my tomato plants, herb garden and flowers welcomed the deluge, I miss that wonderful Georgia sun. In addition, the coolness of the past two weeks is missing this morning. Mugginess prevails. All my doors and windows are open, but there's not that deep drink of cool air coming in. Soon I will have to close them and turn on the air conditioner. That's okay. I can knit to my heart's content and watch CNN, NCIS, HGTV and OMG, I forgot - wait for my daughter to arrive. She flies in from Fredericksburg, Virginia, via Washington, DC at 3:00 this afternoon. Her room is ready for the week long visit. Some of the places she will want to go include Lenox Mall, Phipp's Plaza, Filene's Basement, Six Flags, Maggiano's, just to name a few. See? Douglasville is at the center of everything Atlantan. I just love this place.

The 285 Bypass is one I will frequently use this week while she is here, because it is so easy to get around the Atlanta area. Some people feel they can't handle the heavy traffic and high speed. You see, the speed limit is 55, but everyone ignores it and travels at about 70 mph most of the time. I, on the other hand, don't mind the occasional stop and go or the speed because of the convenience. This bypass makes a complete circle around Atlanta. Such a great idea.

My rain catchers are full this morning so when the rains leave next week, I will still be able to use natural water to water plans. Only once or twice this summer have I resorted to the hose. Sorry for the Texas people where there is a drought. We, too, had to contend with drought conditions in the past, but right now everything is green and lush and sometimes wet. What a place to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment